Here is a brief summary of Coach Philippe's professional qualifications:
- Selected as Assistant Coach with U19 Canadian National Team that competed at FIBA U19 World Cup in Heraklion, Greece
- Selected as Head Coach of Team White at the prestigious 2019 Biosteel All-Canadian Game
- Coached teams that had competed in Championship Game 5 of previous 7 years before arriving at York, including previous 4 yrs in a row (2011 UND, 2014 & 2015 American, 2016 &
2017 UQAM) with 2 Championships during that time (2011 Great West Champions & 2014 Patriot League Champions)
- NCCP Level 3 Certified through the Coaching Association of Canada
- 2 yr win improvement of +29 over 2 yrs at UQAM from 2015-17 prior to arrival (40-30 between 2015-17 from 11-46 between 2013-15)
- Back-to-Back RSEQ Championship game appearances in 2016 & 2017
- Led UQAM to 1st ever win vs NCAA D1 opponent in victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff (SWAC) & win vs St. Thomas Aquinas (Elite 8 - NCAA D2 National Tournament)
- History made in 2015-16 with UQAM's Kewyn Blain named RSEQ Player of the Year, U-Sports First-Team All-Canadian, and RSEQ First-Team All-Conference
- Won Gold at 2015 FISU World University 3x3 Championships in Xiamen, China
- Named Head Men's Basketball Coach at York University on June 19th, 2017
- Selected by Next Up Recruits.com as #1 Assistant Coach in the Patriot League (American 2014-15)
- Have Coached and Mentored 70+ Players that have gone on to play Professionally (including 12 in the NBA)
- Member of American University staff under Mike Brennan selected as 2014 Patriot League Coach of the Year, NABC District 13 Coach of the Year, & Nationally as a finalists for the Joe B. Hall
(1st Year Head Coach of the Year), and the Hugh Durham (Mid-Major Coach of the Year) Awards.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Business Studies from St. Mary's University (2003)
- Was 1 of only 5 Canadian NCAA D1 Coaches during 2014-15 season.
- Coached at NCAA D1, Canadian College (U-Sports & CCAA), Prep, High School and AAU levels as both a Head Coach and Assistant Coach
- As a decorated former player, is able to relate to players well as has been in their shoes
- Has excelled at every level coached and played at
Aside from professional competencies, Philippe engages in a continuous learning process, attends seminars, and studies all current professional developments relating to this specialization.